If there’s one thing I know for certain about living in San Francisco, it’s that I eat WELL. The food in the Bay Area is like nowhere in the world and I feel so lucky to have fresh, delicious meals at my fingertips every day. This week I was fortunate enough to experience some really swoon-worthy dishes, among other highlights, of course (although you wouldn’t know it based on these photos!):
1) Enjoying the company of gals at my friend Arica’s house for an early Valentine’s Day gathering. We drank good wine, grazed on delightful snacks, and enjoyed each other’s company.
2) Taking some adorable photos of my Smooshy for a fun Valentine’s Day photo shoot.
3) Exploring new hoods like the Dog Patch and eating an absolutely divine dessert (salted caramel, fudge sundae) at a spot called Chocolate Lab. They had beakers filled with water and chocolate lining the chef’s counter. It was definitely my kind of spot!
4) Making homemade, gluten free, chicken tortilla soup in the slow cooker. Usually when I cook something, I’m tired of it after a couple servings of leftovers. I honestly could not get enough. I didn’t want it to end.
5) Having my brother over for home cooked penne pasta with meat sauce. It was so lovely to catch up with him and even lovelier to have him living in San Francisco now.
6) Having brunch with Arica and her BF, Taen at The Brixton and catching up over some good grub.
7) Learning about my friend Melanie’s engagement to the love of her life! She’s so deserving and can’t wait to see how her wedding unfolds. Doesn’t hurt that her ring is gorgeous!
Lots of good things this week. Lots of good things.