My Rufus’ smoosh is one of the constant bright spots of my day, if you couldn’t tell. I mean, I’ve dedicated an entire daily column out of love for smoosh. I feel so strongly about the benefits and healing powers of having smoosh in your life that I thought I’d share a few specific reasons how it can be cathartic. It’ll be a nice, light and adorable way to send you into your long Labor Day weekend.
1) It’s soft and squishy, just like a stress ball. Except it only takes one gentle squeeze of a dog’s smoosh for your tension and stress to melt away, vs. multiple aggressive squeezes and potential poundings of a stress ball.
2) It’s soothing to look at. Whenever I’m annoyed about something, I stare at Ru and feel instant joy. You can’t be unhappy looking at smoosh. I think it’s impossible. It could even be a scientific fact (if not, we should prove it).
3) It cures boredom. Sometimes when I’m feeling a little listless, I sit down with Ru and poke the folds of his smoosh and trace it with my finger. He thinks it feels good and I think it’s a fun game, kinda like finding your way through a maze.
4) It remedies illness. There’s been a few times when I’ve been sick in bed feeling miserable and Rufus will set his smoosh on my torso or drape it over my shins and in those moments, I feel calm and distracted. In other words, in those moments I forget that I’m sick.
5) It’s dependable. You can always rely on your dog’s smoosh to help you through whatever you’re going through. It’s not leaving his/her face. It’s a sure thing.
What has your dog’s smoosh done for you lately? Also, what are your big plans for the long weekend, Friends?
*Photo by Tory Putnam Photography.
P.S. Let The Smooshy continue to dazzle you. Follow us on Bloglovin’!