Owning a dog is fabulous in it of itself. It can teach us so much about ourselves. One of the (many) added bonuses of owning a dog for a woman who values trends and style, is that your pooch will NEVER go out of style. Never. It will always be fabulous, chic, wonderful, awesome, rad, in vogue and oh-so-rewarding to own a dog. Always… and here’s why:
1) Your dog is an extension of your personal sense of style. Our dogs are an extension of our personal sense of style and I don’t mean that in a vapid, Paris Hilton, Chihuahua toting, kind of way (not that there’s anything wrong with Chihuahuas… I love all dogs). How you dress (or don’t dress) your dog says a lot about you. If you’re going with the bare minimum for your dog, that’s probably an indication you enjoy a minimalistic look of your own. If you’re into getting a little more festive with a bow tie, tutu, or even an adorable outfit, maybe you have an inner gaudy goddess like me. Whether you want to admit it or not, your dog is a natural extension of your own taste and how you present yourself to the world. There’s no shame in owning that either. It doesn’t make you a diva. It doesn’t make you value all the other amazing things that your dog(s) has to offer any less. It means that you’ve chosen to express yourself through your furry friend in a way that’s meaningful to your authentic way of life.
2) You can save a life. Need I say more? Saving a dog’s life from a shelter or adopting a dog that needs a home is always in style. It’s one of the most fabulous things we can ever do in our lifetime. It trumps owning your first Louis Vuitton by a gazillion miles.
3) People think you’re cool. I’ve written several posts about the benefits of owning a dog, including how it can help you get a date. Why is there so much to write about? Because owning a dog is freakin’ cool. Don’t believe me? Take your dog to an event where you know there won’t be many other dogs present. Watch how many people flock to you. Watch how they swoon over your furry friend, ask you questions about him/her and engage you in conversation. Now, how many people do that over your new pair of Christian Louboutin’s? Owning a dog is more stylish than your Louboutins.
4) Your dog is never off trend. I don’t care if you have a mutt, Puli, Poodle or something in between. It doesn’t matter what kind of dog you have; it will never be off trend. People may try to get you to buy into the idea of “designer breeds,” but we all know that’s just flat out ridiculous. All dogs are created equal. They need a home. They need love. They need care. There’s no hierarchal system when it comes to loving our dogs. Your dog, no matter what breed, is never untrendy.
5) You are loved. Your dog will love you until its last breath. I can’t think of anything more stylish and fabulous than being loved for a lifetime.
As I sit here writing this post, stroking Ru’s smoosh, I feel so blessed to have such a fabulous dog in my life. He is the most stylish, fashionable, and rewarding accessory I will ever have the privilege of owning.
BTW, isn’t this photo of Ru absolute perfection?! We think Tory Putnam Photography is pretty darn stylish too.
P.S. Let The Smooshy continue to dazzle you. Follow us on Bloglovin’!