I attended the iFabbo conference in San Francisco for style and beauty bloggers on Saturday and had a fabulous experience. My time there was filled with meeting lots of well dressed and talented people, listening to successful panelists, and poking through an epic swag bag.
I learned a lot, as I do at every conference I attend! Here are 20 key takeaways from this year’s iFaboo conference:
1) People aren’t reading long blog posts and articles anymore. They want short and sweet tidbits of helpful information.
2) Brands love it when you offer tips because they can easily share that with their audience.
3) Circulate old posts easily with the “Tweet Old Posts” plugin.
4) Follow people who engage you. Following is important and tells people you care about what they have to say.
5) The more you use Google+, the better your SEO will be.
6) Use hashtags on Google+; people can search them in Google searches.
7) Don’t broadcast, engage.
8) Video is the future.
9) Don’t think about how much money a video will make you. Post consistently and authentically and throw in a little “weird.”
10) The best camera is the one you have with you.
11) Beauty has become a chore; Becca Cosmetics makes it easy again.
12) Be a big girl/boy and realize that paying attention to legal issues such as copyright and FTC rules is important. Don’t nickel and dime when it comes to legal issues around your “baby” (business).
13) Use VigLink, Disqus, Luvocracy, and Mad Video to help you monetize your blog.
14) Use the, “Is this something you would write about if you weren’t getting paid,” rule when deciding to work with a brand.
15) Advice and how-to’s are more popular and in demand than your daily outfit.
16) Focusing on a social media platform with no followers is like talking to an empty room.
17) If you’re using affiliate linking to monetize your blogs, you have to know what motivates your followers to click on a link.
18) Adobe Lightroom is like having a dark room right on your computer.
19) Find your “golden house” when you take photos; the hour of the day where the lighting is best (and you look best).
20) Never underestimate the power of engagement and authenticity!
For those of you who didn’t make it or wondered if it was worth making the trip for; it was worth it. The swag bag alone was worth it. Since you’re all dying to know the Goodie Bag sponsors, here they are in all their glory:
Becca | NYX | Beautisol | Vitabath | Boohoo | DermOrganic | Dermalogica | Makeup Geek | Prai | Coterie | Lilly Brush | Uber | FSHN | Lotus Premium | New Beauty | Chrislie Formulations | Rain Cosmetics | Bon Bliss
Which takeaway was most helpful for you? Would you go to the next iFabbo conference?
P.S. Let The Smooshy continue to dazzle you. Follow us on Bloglovin’!